Chapters 5 : Business, Issues and Controversies
Sections 1 : Business on the Internet
"In a successful advertisement it's the graphics that grab you, but it's the text that does the selling."
> Pablo PigCasso
If your site is a commercial site, most of the people who visit it will be there to get some sort of information. They won't be there for "a total web experience," or to be entertained, or for the thrill of visiting a "killer web site." They'll want to know things like:
A commercial web site will become an important adjunct to your company and, in some cases, it will be the main way in which your customers and others interact with you in the future.
- "What models are available and what do they cost?"
- "What are the features of your products and services?"
- "How can I contact your company?"
- "Do you have any new products or services?"
- "How can I get the widget I bought from your company to work properly?"
- "I want to see financial reports and other info."
- "Do you have any employment opportunities?"
Table of Contents